Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada partners with agencies across the country to provide pre-employment supports to youth in and from care through our Youth Works program supported by RBC Future Launch and funded in part by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy Program.
A pre-employment development program that will help youth in and out of permanent care in their transition to independence.
- : Employment counselors will work with youth participants to prepare them for their employment path (preparing resumes, completing job applications, etc.)
- : Youth who are job-ready will receive support with job searching and be referred to employers for meaningful work experience
- : Youth who need credentials or training for entry-level jobs such as first aid and CPR, food handler’s certification, or a driver’s license to accept a job will be supported in accessing them
Youth will gain:
- Access to Career Development and Networking opportunities
- Enhance participant’s skills through employment counselling and workshops
- Hands-on in-house skills training and referrals to external certification
- Access to job placement and internships
- Youth in and from permanent care aged 16-29
- Various education achieved – some high school, GED, high school diploma, some post-secondary school, post-secondary degree or diploma
- Ready for employment – criteria may include: being motivated to find and keep a job, having stable housing, mental health issues being treated, and willingness and commitment to follow through with training and job placement
For more information in Toronto/GTA, please contact:
Asifa Malik firstname.lastname@example.org OR at (416) 462 1010 ex 26